Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010

Ben titled this one: "And so the cast out demons got their revenge"
Blue notes are from Mom's email, I think. Ben is responding to these "gentle prompts."


I decided to begin putting titles on my emails. Its more fun =)
Well, you did it again. Almost needed the Urim and Thummim to read your letter.
Funny you should mention that. I was reading in Ether this week.
Sinus Infection: Gone
Suit: Didn't sell it to Nico. Elder Hayes bought the suit for me two weeks ago and I paid him back from money I took out last week. also my shoes were resoled with real goma(rubber) they are heavier but they will last. with the rainy season coming it had to be done or I would have been sliding all over the sidewalks here because they are all ceramic or tile. I don't ask I just try not to fall. So Shoes and suit, bought and paid for. =)
Package: So I got the PACKAGE!!!! did you use gold pen to make clip art look like illuminated paintings? If so I approve of your actions wholeheartedly. So " AND, "yes, I got the package and opened it," " !!!!!! They opened it at customs, but Elder Law(the bolsero aka mailman) saw them and they didn't take anything out so we were safe. So I opened up the card and was pleased with the choice of the chicken. Then I opened the big old spongebob wrapped object. I am very happy with that album!!! Im gonna fill it up here real soon. Alyson´s notes were of course very Alyson.( =P when do I get to go to Hawaii?) This week I am going to make the brownies and put the candles in it and take it to my "mom´s" house for lunch on Thursday. Macaroni boxes. Those were probably the best macaroni gluing I have seen. very good. It seems to work very well for smuggling, i just hope no one uses it for bad things =P Anyway... All is well in package land. In fact I got two! Grandma and Pop sent me one from Dear Elder. I had Peanut butter, beef jerky, oreos, a yo yo, tic tacs(for after all the other foods) and an inflatable ball... Something to throw at my comp when he falls asleep studying? I dunno. Mini beach volleyball? alright.. I could probably give it to a kid here. Actually I will probably give it to Esteffania, shes 4 and very capricious, and loves to get things.... ok onwards. Basically all package things are good.
Mom: do you know who May Porter is? ask grandma...
Birthday and other accontecimientos: I had a great birthday because I was doing service all day. I had figured on doing some for Dario(who got baptized on Saturday) but at lunch on Wednesday I got asked to do some service in the morning for the Gudiño family. We tore down some shack thing that was used to store old car parts, and well they really just wanted an excuse to give me a cake. Oh well not gonna turn down cake. =) So I got me some cake, then went and helped Dario and Laura (she also got baptized Saturday) to sort garbage from reciclables. Great times there. Trash.. Random item that can be taken apart for recyclables? sweet.
Well finished up there at about 7 and went off to the Luna family. They were gonna give us pizza and have a noche de hogar. which was kinda weird since they are super inactivo. Well we got there and there was no pizza and we ended up giving the hermana a blessing of health and then we blessed the home. Well elder Hayes told the "whatever evil presence that is here, LEAVE NOW" through spiritual guidance. they were happy and we left. So we went and got Chori pan (its like a bratwurst sandwich only delicious) and had correlacion meeting with the ward mission leader. I ate alot and then had a stomachache in the morning of course. Bad. So I tried to get over it, and we had lunch at the pension. We had hot dogs. with mayonaise and bbq sauce, and just dumb stupidness. So at about 7 we leave from a great lesson with one of the 15 we found like 3 weeks ago, and I nearly died walking away from that house. I am going to be blunt and you will have to edit but I almost crapped my pants. The term explosive diarrhea comes to mind. I hold it in and get to the pension and had to go, and so did my comp. Apparently mayonaise is bad for you. It can in fact cause violent gastrointestinitis. So we spent all night with the barfing and the diarrhea. Fun fun fun. I finally got to bedish Satuarday morning at about 6:28 Needless to say we didnt leave right away, we almost didnt make it to the baptism. Thats right we were going to baptize them and everything and we didnt do it because we were sick. Well recent converts to the rescue. Nicolas(no he was not wearing my suit) borrowed my baptism pants and baptized not only Laura, and Dario, but also his son Exequiel. Hes way cool!!!! Anyway So we are still dying, but the ward came to the rescue along with my district leader who helped us get to the baptism and take care of ourselves. It was an interesting weekend. Well we got in trouble with all the mothers of the ward who told us not to eat crappy stuff just to be cheap. its not worth it and costs more in the end. So sunday morning we got to go to part of church but then Elder hayes still didnt feel good so we got to go to the hopsital instead of sacrament meeing. =O dont worry I am fine, and so is my comp now. They gave him pepto... except its a cream that you eat, instead of the good ol pink liquid.
Other demons cast out So we also taught a member who has the priesthood how to bless his home, because he had evil spirits from like january. I would tell you some of the stuff that went down but this cyber is charging us up the wazoo. anyways he got that done and was able to bless his daughter who is super catholic. Hes cool. but yeah now you know why the demons got their revenge.
Thank you so much for the package, pictures of the area and other moments to come soon.
Con Amor
Elder Ludlow
PS
More to do next week, we got some interesting things to take care of this week and the next one cuz pres of area mervyn arnold is coming. =)

No comments: