Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010

[We had a couple of sudden deaths in our stake this week. The wife of our stake president passed away after a stroke, and a few days later, a former stake president had a sudden heart attack and passed away on the field of Dodgers Stadium during a church public relations affair.]



Well that was a big shock. Im like really in shock. Wow. Don Hawkins was a great man. I remember when he was our home teacher when I was like 9. =) Please send my love to them. The hawkins are of course Getting things done. There are few that can do it like them. Don´t tell me about Prop 8 please. Gay Marriage was legalized here in Argentina about a month ago and members ALWAYS watch the news at lunch(and its bad manners to turn it off) So they keep running news about the first gay wedding in each province. Not fun.
But on more fun notes. Yay Girls Camp. Thats cool that there was minimal to no drama. Of course Aly is the Warm fuzzie girl. Just keep the the shotgun nice and clean, cuz now the boys are going to start sniffing around. If they get this letter they should know that they should be more afraid of her than me. =P

Nico is without a job for now, but I could probably sell it to him at some point. Gonna give him a shirt so he can pass the sacrament this next week. I can pick up a goodish suit here for about 250-400 pesos. I will keep the gray suit and see about getting it altered. I have an ad at the Institute for outgoing missionaries. Im sure someone can buy it. I am going to say 700 pesos for the suit, and 300 for the jacket. Its a huge discout but its what I would feel comfortable charging. I am going to ask Pres. Salas what I should do. Hes argentine he should know.
Ok thats cool about the package. I will be sure to not unwrap it. Dont worry the mac and cheese works, Elder Hayes´ camera just got here today, so its fine.
Yeah So I am now with Elder Hayes of West Jordan, Utah. Hes kinda like a Utahan version of Landon Cooley, or at least know how to eat like him hahhaa. So I had fun at the beginning of the week as I had developed sinusitis(I think its a chronic thing that happens no matter what) and felt like my face was gonna fall off for 3 days. But then I got me some antibiotic which was 80 pesos and I felt better. We go to a hospital that is the general for the mission in centro. So we didnt have lunch and we were in the hospital for 5 hours. =P We decided what the hey lets go hit up the mall and get lunch. So we ate California Burrito. I forgot how good real tortillas are. hahahaha. So anyways. Elder Hayes loves Indiana Jones. Like he has a fedora and all the soundtracks. Its kind of funny. So we go about "hating snakes" and going left instead of right, and "making it up as we go" Well gotta get out of here. But Im gonna send that picture to P. Salas with my letter to him today =P

I love you all especially the Hawkins and the Paces.
Con Amor

Elder Ludlow

No comments: