Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 16, 2010

[to Mom]


The youth just arent the same without Dad. When are they making him the young mens general president?
But seriously I think if everyone else camped like him the scouts would actually enjoy camping... ahahahaa. I want to do a little bit of that when I get back...
Oh Chef Stephen.... hahahahaha
Sounds likje they had fun

Yup. My week was the same time wise. I couldnt tell you where it all went. Last week honestly I had to tell President that we didnt think we were going to baptize this month. It was pretty sad, because they want everyone to commemorate the new month instead of transfer system by baptizing in each and every area. We werent very happy all day. then I got Cyber news, and while I know that everything was ok, it kind of bothered me. with Prop 8 and the whole Death thing... well we got back to the pension and I was pissed because everything had been going against the grain for a long while there. I had a sinus infection, I had not gotten the materials I needed from the bolsa for my investigators, and in our pension´s roof we found rats, and I left a water bottle filling. uggghhh. So I ranted and raved, for probably the first time since I got in the mish. So we sat in the pension for a bit. then we went to look for a remedy for the rat problem....ie a BB gun... dont judge me it was Elder Hayes Idea. so we left and I was still kind of pissed. We didnt find one, so we went to get angry ice cream. Well The guy behind the counter wanted to try his english, and I ended up giving him a Book of Mormon. It was the beginning of many other promptings to come this week. Well we went back to the pension and we were planning the next day and well we hear a knock on our door. We live above a family of members so they are the only ones that can knock. Well we answer and Hna Azcuy tells us. Elders I forgot to tell you, you need to call Hna Cabrera, she has a friend who wants to get baptized. *Jaw Drop* What!? Ok I think we can call her. We give her a call and its her friend Laura that wants to get baptized on the 21st. Well Laura had come to church and had listened to the missionaries before, but she also has a malignant brain tumor and told Hna Cabrera to do her temple work when she dies.... well why dont you just do it for yourself. So she called us and set up an appointment. So, amazing. She studied to be a nun before and understands like everything really easily. She seems to like me and my teaching mehod. I am used to letting the comp mayor talk more, and well Elder Hayes isnt talking. So I just talk. Dont get me wrong he speaks the language great, and has things to say, but he opens his mouth and its just nothing. and I cant really be stopped. So I was letting him talk and nothing was coming out of him, so I would come in again. Its really weird but its like I am here to teach her. Well her boyfriend Dario, hes way cool too. When they first listened to the missionaries he wanted to get baptized but didnt. So we met with them together last night, and we told him that he needs to get baptized with Laura. He wasnt sure about it and wanted to get his life and business in order first. but I felt like telling him so I did. I promised him that his life would stabilize before the 28th if he got baptized. He kinda was shocked but then Laura bumps in and says I knew there was a reason they moved me back to the 28th. Its so we can get baptized together. So amazing this pair. So yeah. thats been my week. oh and we found a family of like 12. 4 brothers and their esposas and a cousin and another cousin and the parents of the brothers. They are all interested. They are gonna get baptized. I am super caught up in the work. Its like keeping me going. I feel great in fact. Oh and today I bought a suit. Its a gray suit and it was about 50 bucks. 209 pesos. Its actually pretty good. I will get a picture with the camera when I get it. It should come this next week with the elders who are in their meeting, because bolsa didnt come today.
In Argentina weddings are done civilly, not by just anyone. you have to go to the courthouse si o si. No he hurt his back and legs (we gave him a blessing last night) and couldnt come on his moto or walking. =(

[Mom wanted to have the missionaries over for dinner on Ben's birthday, since she couldn't have the missionary of her choice there. So she asked him what we should eat for his birthday dinner] Yes. Deep Dark Chocolate Cake, or brownie pudding. and have Sarah make Milanesa [an Argentine dish that probably my favorite in the world. I made it for Ben before he left and now, he's hooked]. Its amazing and I will probably want it when I get back. You know what I want for my birthday. Give Jay my email and have him tell me how he felt after being baptized. I would love to get That for my birthday.
Well thats about all I gots to say
I love you all and cant wait for you to see my new suit. I will probably open it right away but wait for the wrapped part. =)
talk to you next week
Con Amor
Elder Ben

No comments: