Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 4, 2010

Hi mommy.
Look I had my interview with President Salas. I feel a whole lot better. =)

Look what I found =) http://www.countrywebsites.lds.org/ar/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=531:imagen-computarizada-del-templo-de-cordoba&catid=43:ano-2010&Itemid=82 Its in Spanish but I think you will like it. I almost teared up a little when I saw it.

You may share this part I figure.

I also always have liked blue... so the rest of my answers will be in blue, especially to your questions.

I talked to Prez about being a better missionary, and he was really just comforting. The thing was that I had felt heavy with some things from my past. Like I said Old Elder Ludlow, wont be coming back anytime soon. Hes gone for good now.


On to your questions as they will help me to answer in a better form how my week went.

I had money spent to get to stake conference and other conferences, normally we have travel fund, but that didnt reach the special zone conference and other such meetings with Elder Arnold So I payed. that and medical expenses and stuff like that. I am getting payed back this week dont worry. No. I am still trying to sell my suit



Lunch is like dinner and lunch all at once. Its a big meal. So I eat like at that. I found a place where I can buy like 7 pound bags of cereal, and a hermano that gives us free milk. so I have breakfast now. Look the skinny is good, but even Prez noticed. thats not good if prez notices. So while I am going to be fasting once a week, its not to be skinnier its to be a better missionary. Do not worry mum. I am not terribly worried about things like money I have seen that the Lord does provide before so I know that He will again




How come you had to get a new place? Is the new place better? Bigger/smaller? Cleaner? Closer to the work?

Well because the rent went up. and it wasnt worth it. No, and yes its a work in progress. Its smaller, much cleaner, and on one side of our area. I would sned pictures but an elder just ruined his flash drive because these are slightly virused. this is web based so dont worry about viruses, its attacking the hardware inserted in this comp. Speaking of. what happened with that computer dad was going to "hack"?



Can I please cut and paste your testimony from the last letter and forward it on? It is pretty awesome, so read it back to yourself and let me know.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He is my Savior. I know that He is my Redeemer. I know that we cannot even being to comprehend everything that He did for us. This week Elder Zarate came to our district meeting. He told us that he would love it if everyone that passed us on the street shouted CHRISTIANS instead of Mormons. Why do they do that even. Because we share the thing that to us seems to be the differing factor. We figure that Joseph Smith, the Book Of Mormon, the Restoration, the Priesthood, and Baptism are the most important things. Its true they are very important and it is how I know that Jesus is the Christ. What does it really mean to us to think of that. What does it really mean that Jesus is our Savior. What does it mean to be saved. Well I know something. That I will be with my family, I will have my body and Spirit together again forever, never to be seperated. I will have you and Dad and Sarah and Alyson and we will see eachother and have the same relationships we have now. I guess I should probably write to my sisters huh?... But well to think of all of this stuff that we have, why arent we just happy with that? Because we know we will see eachother again we also know that the same source of that knowledge will reveal more things for us to learn. That we can continue to develop and grow here so that someday not so far from now we will be able to apply the things we learned and take the same steps that Our Heavenly Father has taken. Heres a thought. that I have thought about recently. If Heavenly Father had to give His Son so we could come back to Him, will we as creators have to follow the same step? Would we be willing to do that? would be able to do it? That is the ultimate moment that we can achieve here in the Earth that I can figure... That we would give even our ONLY son so that we could have the rest of our children home again. I dont have words to even describe that. but I know that at this point in time I wouldnt be capable of doing such a thing. I guess its time to stop complaining and get to work and not just missionary work but on myself. I need to change myself to the point that the Old Elder Ludlow cant EVER come back. To the point that I have the patience humility charity dilligence and faith of a Havenely Father. (Mat 5 48) And if it cant get that(its almost impossible alone) I will make myself the missionary that I should have always been.

Yeah I realized that I sounded pretty down last week. but im glad that you like my testimony. Conference is always amazing. It was definitely a focus on addictions and feeling the spirit for me... I dont know what themes you picked up on. I love conference every time. It gets better as a missionary. To stay awake, seriously sit there with a pen and paper. You will be surprised at the things you pick up on for just plain ol you. also just go online and re watch it when you fall asleep. the video is up in three languages exactly one hour after conference. No excuse to wait until it comes to read it. =P


I am in fact extremely grateful for Nicolas. He is a great young man and a great father and husband now. He really is golden.


Well thats because Laura Barrus is a member of the Ben Ludlow fan club... hahaha.


The one who drags us down is Satan. He really makes us feel absolutely horrible, for every tiny itsy bitsy thing we have ever done. He hates us. Thats why I dislike hating things. I am trying to cut out that phrase from my vocabulary. Its difficult to do but it is just not very christlike to hate well anything... Just one of many. trust me the changes are the little things that probably bothered you and definitely bothered me. Its not going to be anymore physical changes. those I have had plenty of. Now maybe there will be a little muscle instead of fat but thats an over time thing. Yeah. Dont know where I am going with this.


what the crazy 50 degrees??!!!?!?!?!? And a cold. GET BETTER.


I laughed out loud to think of grandma on a camel. speaking of grandma and grandpa whats the word on that DVD?


So this week, we moved, cleaned the old apartment, cleaned the new one, un packed, all for tuesday. Wednesday we had district meeting in the morning and the next two mornings we had Zone conference. It was alot different than Olsen. This is Salas. He like to just talk to us and hear what we learned and have to say. Hes very open with us. I love it. I dont feel like I am talking to a wall of statistics and obedience. I feel like I am talking to a man, who knows Christ and wants to tell us how to get close to Him. well anyway. We then had general conference, I had an interview, and now I am here in centro helping a few elders do their trunky shopping. Its fun how they just buy a bunch of artisan stuff and candies. lol. Well I did get myself a hat. Its a kind of newspaperboy cap. Its a very british hat and I have a british face so it works well with me. =) Yeah. I am looking to have something on par with the excitement of Elder Cooley this week thats coming. I am so ready to just go to work and stop worrying about things. Look out world here comes elder Ludlow =)


Con Amor

Elder Ben

No comments: