Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011 --- New Area

*washes hands*
thats funny you said say that, because here in argentina that is a reference to pontius pilate, and there is a fun little hand action, where you wash your hands of a situacion. =P
but anyways. I hope Dillon gets better, TB is a pretty bad one.

Well in the way of stuff... My camera should be coming to me on sunday-ish, so I will have to take money out for that. Its 300 as far as I know. other than that, despite my best efforts, I still have not managed to make it through a month with money. I spend right up to the cents. Its not for lack of trying, I really do. I am going to keep more track, and make sure to follow up on any debts that exist (from me, or to me) I ended up paying this week for two areas, because the elders from Guiñazu didnt have any way to get to their area, and we decided to work together. Its been an interesting week. I was with Elder Loader, and we worked a ton, and helped a family make another step to coming back to church. I finally got to work with Elder Ferrin, but because there was nowhere for them to go, they came and helped us with an activity on Saturday. We took the chapel and made a crazy obstacle course, with blindfolds, and we taught them to follow the Spirit, but not just the first voice they hear. They learned quite well their lesson, and they really appreciated it. I really like seeing a bit of sucess there at the end.

yeah thats right, the end. I have left Parque Liceo, and now I am in Chilecito in La Rioja. I am 500 KM from where I last was. It was a ridiculous trip last night from 11:30 to 6:30!!! I am now the farthest away I can be sent. Its sometimes known as exile, but we are gonna take that to our advantage and change everyones minds. Its fun sometimes to have a fresh start, and a new assignment. Look up Chilecito on Google. its beautiful. I havent been out to the mountains in a long time. I am really enjoying the view from all sides of the mountains. when my camera gets to me I will take tons of pictures to show you what I mean.

Right now I am just really tired, it was a long night and a long trip, and now I get to go work until 10 tonight. Here in La rioja they truly have the siesta, so they moved our schedule a bit so we can adapt to it. Its gonna be an interesting bit of time here in Chilecito. I plan on enjoying it to its fullest, and drinking down every last drop of experience I can gain here.

Well My new comp is Elder Castillo, hes from Peru (born) but his dad joined the church when he went and worked in Japan on construction, and came back and took his family to Argentina to improve things for them where they joined the church. What mission did Uncle Matt serve in, he says his dad was in and around Okinawa, Osaka, Tokyo around 1992, 93, 94 where he discovered the church. I dont think so, but it would be interesting if they had run into each other. He says his dad has pictures with those first two missionaries. Small World? i dont know yet, but we shall see.

I know the church is true. I know that we have prophets today, and by following their guidance, and the guidance of those that they call to this work, we can get closer to our Heavenly Father. I know that Jesus Christ, is our Savior and Redeemer. Its a simple statement, but its the very core of this Gospel. I know that by doing everything in our power to serve Him, and to listen to His Prophets, we can see each other again after this life, and have an eternal family. He loves us, and we need to love Him with all our heart might mind and strength. I am trying but I still fall short, I hope that you too can try a little bit more.

ummmm thats about it for now. I hope all is well at home.
Con amor
Elder Ben

No comments: