Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 5, 2010

[New Format]


When you write, could you please divide the letter up into sections so I can have a part to forward to everyone? And, when you do respond to my questions and news, it would be really helpful if you could write a complete thought
I will do it like this for each paragraph to make this easier and then write a report about the week to you all at the end.


How was Easter?
Yeah Easter isn't all that different. At least from what I saw. Oh wait, they don't eat meat for 3 days(even the members). No one knows why its just one of those Foolish Traditions of the fathers that they keep perpetuating. Ask someone, because I have no idea and no one here does either.


Were you able to see/hear General Conference?
Yes. I got to see it and in English. I have a small book of notes to go with it too. Definitely one of the most impressive that I have heard. Even President Monson agreed. I liked Elder Holland(of course you shouldn't be serving tea anyways) and Elder Uchtdorf(in priesthood and on Sunday morning) and Elder Andersen was good, along with one of the 70(Elder Foster I think) It was a great conference. It all started at 13:00(1:00) for us and priesthood was at 21:00(9:00) We had to go to another zone to hear it, but still very good and an amazingly spiritual experience. Did you hear Elder Ballard's? that one is worth a re watch for you and the Girls. When you get your Ensign in May, guess what that means? Yeah I will have been on the mission for six months.

How is the new assignment in Cordoba? New Comp? Did you get some good work done this week?
I am in the south of the city in Las Flores. I live with the Zone Leaders, my comp is Elder Velasquez from Puño, Peru. Its basically the Villa. Yeah, we led the district this week. we have 5 with a baptismal date and 15 new investigators, and like 16 lessons. It was an intense week, and a definite refresher from Villa Dolores. I loved it there, but this is all work all the time. It may be because I have a robot for a comp. They guy has no off button. Its good and bad. Nothing to do but learn to work with it. Like elder Foster said that it is how you react in disagreeable situations that you show who you really are. so for now I grin and bear it. Hopefully things will improve between us. =)


I would guess that, since you are closer to the mission home, the time may be a little less [for mail to arrive].
Yeah it is a lot less. like every week I can receive bolsa. Don't forget to mark its value low, use virgin stickers and Jesus stickers, and to put the valuables inside of something different. they have no problem just taking things from the packages.


Sarah probably already told you that we sold the RubySue on Saturday
=( and no she didn't. Espero su correo.


General information/travel log
Well this week was interesting to say the least. Its an interesting change from Campo to Ciudad to Villa, and from Americano a Latino. Oh and living with Zone leaders. This week we had tons of stuff done. We set 4 fechas(Baptismal Dates) with General Conference attendees, and we have 15 new investigators. I felt great while doing it all. Its how its supposed to be. You work and you work, and the Spirit sustains you even when you are dead tired. I am liking it really. Its great, but its also getting cold. This Wednesday it was about 85, and then Thursday it was windy, and Friday morning it rained. like river streets rain. and its cold rain. Its weird to think that 65 makes me cold now. that used to be fine, and now its jacket weather. Then I got to see the conference on saturday and sunday. It was amazing and especially with the simply powerful talks given by each and every one. I cant wait to get my Liahona to read it and understand even more of it. I don't have much else to say. I needed to take like 20 minutes to write in my journal today, but instead we came to Alta Gracia, to see some other Elders from the Zone and to go visit Che´s house. Yes that Che. and it was closed. so P-day today was a bust. Oh well there is always the circus next week. =) I dont have much else to say except that I love you all and I miss you all a ton.

Con Amor
Elder Ludlow

No comments: