Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010

So I begin by telling you about my week. This week just built up better and better. Monday we had an awesome district meeting and I was super pumped for the week to come, I was getting things done, and we were teaching everyone, and we were going to baptize on sunday. We committed them again to be baptized and they were super stoked. On Tuesday we reconfirmed with the one who I admittedly didnt think was all that ready, but we explained the plan of salvation and the word of wisdom to him. He was really quiet and said he drank a little bit every once in awhile. Well then we talk about it and he said he wanted to stop drinking, so he could be baptized. We talked about prayer and how the Lord could help him. He was a little iffy on the whole thing, but we got him to pray, and then committed him to pray and make a covenant to receive help from the Lord. The next day, we went and saw him and I have never seen a bigger smile. He had found peace in the knowledge that the Lord helps us, when we just talk to Him. I have found that same comfort in that. I love being able to turn to the Lord and cast my worries and burdens on Him when I have done all I can, and feeling myself be carried through the day by the Spirit. Thursday I did an intercambio so that Felipe and Carmen could be interviewed, and I spent it in the pension with an Elder who was sick. Way cool Elder, named Elder Fowkes. but I knocked out 10 contacts in a half hour when the other elders came back in the evening. Its autumn still, and it cant decide whether it wants to be cold or hot. So we wait. and shiver a bit. Friday I was back in Las Flores and we did alot of good work, and Saturday we found an awesome part member family who we are gonna teach now. Ummmm Saturday was alot of preparation for the baptism and interviews with President Olsen, and Sunday we had Stake Conference and the Baptism. So we had President talk to our investigators, and it was super cool, because he committed one who has been smoking again and being rude to his wife(who was baptized a few weeks ago) to be baptized this month, we are gonna fast with him to help him stop smoking and go from there. I will let you know. But yeah, they were super stoked for that night. I baptized Carmen, and Elder Velasquez baptized Felipe. It was really quick, and super spiritual, I just went in, took a deep breath and did it. I was nervous of all people =P mostly because I wanted to make sure I could say Carmen Sejas De Arriba correctly and then say the part of the baptism. Its so amazing. ah words arent available
But now Its another week and we have to work
I am fine, and still ticking
Got some more pictures for yall from Elder Loader
next week I may have some from the baptism.

Bro mackay is such a cool guy. Can you get me a picture of those plates?
I really want pictures, cuz the 3 I have of you and grandmas and grandpas is barely scratching the surface and isnt that much to share with members at lunch. that and like 6 of my sisters. Like 12 people said that I have beautiful sisters, which I know, but thats about all the comment on, and that I have lost weight. =P Can you look for one of my baptism. like with Ethan and Katie? I am looking today, found gloves in the pension and mittens for 3 pesos from a street vendor. Have you sent the package or are you waiting until we know about the razor? I am fairly certain that it will be difficult to find, and a bit expensive, so just wait and if I find it I will let you know so you can send the camera on its own. And pictures yes, like little ben, some of the cousins, the aunts and uncles, yeah thats why I want wedding pictures, and just in general others like of the mountains and beach and maybe some of my disneyland pictures...Anything else cool you can think of.
Also I am attaching two pictures and the how to do the call home thing.
I love you and everyone, miss you not that much =P

Con Amor

Elder Ben Ludlow





PICTURE TIME!

No comments: