Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 27, 2009

This week I heard 3 general authorities, two of them were apostles.
Richard Edgley, Dallin H. Oaks, and Jeffrey R. Holland.
I loved those talks. I would love to write all of those things for you but I don't have two hours to write emails today. But lets start with last friday evening and go from there. TRC(Teaching evaluation) night is where "volunteer" investigators come in and we practice a specified prompt for them. They never follow the prompt. So Elder Jensen and I meet our investigator and talk to him in Spanish and continue on into the room where we are going to teach. We were supposed to do contacts, but ended up coming and and started teaching, when the real investigators showed up...and in Spanish I proceeded to teach most of Lesson 1 and got up to reciting Joseph Smith's first vision before I had to go into English. Elder Jensen was still in shell shock by the time the lesson was over, but he was able to help as best he could. I felt good, but at the same time felt bad, for leaving him behind. After that on Sunday Elder Jensen got put in as District Leader, and I got to finish my interview with President Shumway. I really need to be a better companion and I have to figure out how to do that now with two companions. We had three Elders leave for the Domincican Republic MTC and that left us with an extra and we got moved. It is working out well, but with the intense double Pday we just had I can't really tell yet. I will write a hand letter over the next week during journal time, and attempt to get you some of the things I want to share with you about those talks.
Les amo,
Elder Ludlow.

No comments: