Saturday, November 21, 2009

November 13, 2009

Hey there guys
Proud of you mom! *pats on head*
Yeah I caught Elder Haws on wednesday.
And thats pretty funny about the hunting lodge in Cordoba.
ok so down to the nitty gritty of things in my room. I need the power converter(its in the little gray bag and has my converters and my camera battery charger), the pair of jeans that I left on the chair in the dining room(the ones that don't have a rip started in the knee), three pairs of white socks(one of them is my baptismal socks grandma got me, also I need you to get my camera box and look for the receipt and get the warranty form filled out so that I can send it back to be repaired. Its kind of acting funny with the lens motor, but I can take pictures if I really want to. I will try and send one of my chips home for thanksgiving so that you cna have some pictures. also Sarah could you find me a sweater vest(black or charcoal)? You would be my favoritest 21 year old sistah ever. Alyson could you find me that Red Paisley Tie that we saw at JCP? I really want a solid red one.
Yeah thats pretty much all my wants and needs. I have cash and money and everything in the MTC bookstore is 40% off of an already ridiculous low price for missionaries. I got a backpack and a scripture case for like $30. Know anyone that needs some scriptures for christmas? I can get for you cheap yes. My other suit came in fine, its great, Now I can wear whatever tie I want....
The language is actually coming really easily Sarah, and I am totally expecting to be blown away when I get to Argentina, but my teacher is a native speaker, so we are learning tons. I love my teachers, Hno Osuna. and Hna. Davis, and my district. We are having Ugly tie Tuesdays, and Suspender Saturdays now. fun stuff. The important things that I am learning are not in Spanish though. I am learning so much more about the Gospel. Like everything that you thought you knew and understood before coming here is relearned with the Spirit and it makes so much more sense. I love the Lord and have relyed on him so much this week, as I have learned the gospel anew. I have also learned how to be a companion. My companion Elder Jensen doesn't get a lick of spanish. It was difficult for me to work with him because the spanish I remembered from high school and from Dad and Sarah talking comes back to me instantly and when I try to help him he just gets frustrated and I end up telling him the answer(which isn't helping him( I love my companion and for my strengh in spanish he makes up for with his amazing knowledge of the gospel, but we both need to still get the working as a companionship thing down. The only problems I have had have been more Fire Chicken and its aftereffects(thats usually a night where I eat cereal) and I have been feeling a little sick with sinus problems. The zyrtec doesn't work. It may take getting used to but I get EXtrememley tired. I love you guys, but my time is almost up. Oh I also got to go to the temple this morning and have Celestial Omlettes. SO GOOD. and its snowed(near the mountain like by the temple)/rained(at the MTC)last night. Hence my request for a sweater vest(I think I need an XL)
I love you all!!!!

No comments: