Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 7, 2009

Ben's first email home from the MTC

Como estan?
I love the MTC! My companion is an interesting fellow. Elder Jensen is from Logan/ Las Vegas. my other roommates are Elder Clarke(SLC) and Elder Waldron(Huntington Beach). I border on being cliche or incredibly obvious, but the Spirit is so strong here at the MTC. On Thursday we were already praying and testifying in Spanish. I love the language I have been assigned to learn. It makes it that much easier to know that I was called to teach the gospel in Spanish. I am ok with the food, of course its not like home. Its basically BYU-Idaho again but with a little more variety. My companion is an interesting fellow. He is funny at times, but other than that he seems to not be entirely comfortable with spanish and I have to remind myself to slow down a little. I may only have two years(pitiful years yes) but I have also been listening to Dad and Sarah go back and forth. Oh and the easiest way for you to get ahold of me in the MTC is to send an email at DearElder.com, and they print it out and have it in my mailbox next day for free. Anyway... I hope you are all doing well, and that you got back home safely. Thank you again Mom and Dad for bringing me up here. Love you. Sarah and Alyson too.
You'll hear from me again next friday, as that is my regular P-day.


PS "no me calle bien"... translates to "I don't like you"

No comments: