Friday, January 29, 2010

January 25, 2011

[Ok, so to help in the translation from Benglish to normal English, I have included his mom's letter and his responses in more of a question-and-answer format. Ben's answers are indented and in italics (in case you couldn't figure that out...).]


Dear Elder Ben,

Not much to tell since the weather has been about the same all week. =D
Well the weather is getting hotter =P

Dad made me stay home today from church because when I woke up I had a lot of congestion and coughing. I've been fighting it for several days. I stressed because I didn't want to strand my counselors, but they came through as --really I knew--they would. That's what counselors are for; after all. I did have to miss my PPI, so haven't had a chance to get in my draft picks. I hope to be able to talk with Bro. M about that ASAP.
Yes you do get a pass. its better than the excuses investigators give. at least you didnt stay home because you had to wash clothes, or because 1 member of your family is sick so all 20 of you stayed home. ugghhhh.

Please tell me what kind of dinner recipes you would like. I don't know what you have available. I'm guessing that you can get rice, maybe pasta, but what about other stuff like tomato sauce, cheese, soy sauce, etc., and the other thing I don't know is whether you want it so you can make a meal just for you and your comp, or if you want to make something for the members who have been so kind to you. (Tell Mabel thanks for me!)
Yeah I dont know what I want to do, the simple stuff is what I have every day. I had fideos (noodles in any form) 5 times this week. Ridonkulous. thats what I say ridonkulous.

I read a story to the older kids this week about the first moon landing, and no one was able to tell me the date. When someone started to guess sometime in the 1800's, I hollered, "NO! Hey, I can remember it!" Then Mrs. Lopez went off with, "we even had TV and electricity and indoor plumbing then!" Too bad the sarcasm was probably lost on the kids.
"We went to the moon in 1969, not 1968 but the year after..." thank you Even Stevens. tell them to stop watching Jonas and watch some more Sesame Street, or maybe........READ A BOOK!!! Will Smith a few years ago at the Kids Choice awards said. "Kids for all of you I have 2 things you have to do in your lives. READ AND RUN. there is nothing you are going through that someone hasnt written a book about, and besides that its fun. Running teaches you to push yourself. If you can conquer yourself physically you can do anything. " Something like that. Way cool.
Elder Lorimer told me the quote but yeah.

Kayla is back at BYU again, and says that her back is doing better. She has to do physical therapy exercises, but they seem to be helping, and she likes her classes.
well thats great to hear about Kayla. Glad she is doing better.
[the rest should make sense on its own]
I dont have much to write mum. Sorry. I had a lot of work this week. Just lots of work. mostly I am just tired. Its all the same but I am trying to find and write down the anomalies in my day. Things that are different. Thats what is important. Finding the special moments and enjoying them. I just gotta have a few more special moments. =)
Ok gotta go

Con Amor
Elder Ben

No comments: