Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2010

Stake conference! Wha! Did someone take notes? HAHAHAHA Pres. Uchtdorf. He may be my favorite. That would have been awesome, and good point about CTR. Yes Preach my Gospel is amazing. Read chapters 4 and 6. Those are good places to start. My sisters... oh my. What can I say. I have to be careful when I get out my pictures to show families, cuz all the missionaries start getting shifty eyes. =P The cards are all with me. In theory I am gonna look for a cheaper digital camera, or maybe a film camera. It will depend on what I can find, but with the kioscos and random shops that sell children's books and lingerie I can eventually find something like what I need...
This week has been good. Its not been fantastic. Its been really hot and humid but of course its the middle of summer. the problems with that are not so much the hot muggy feeling, its that no one wants to come out to talk or even come out at all. Its been difficult to get stuff done, but this week has definitely been a week of missionary/home teacher/ high council work instead of missionary work. We had some amazing lessons with our soon to be baptized investigator Lucas. He is progressing really well, and is loving what he is learning. This week we talked about the Atonement really in depth with him, and what it really means to "cast all his burdens" upon Christ. I was really going on a role of scriptures that led up to baptism and Lucas even though he is already committed to be baptized was very excited. He was all "Baptize Me!" So Elder Robison started a mini baptismal interview. He answered yes and of course and sure to most of the questions. We got through it and got to the question about supporting or participating in an abortion. He got really quiet. He looked down and mumbled that one of his girlfriends had aborted a baby(hes a bit of a player and has had lots of girlfriends). It wasnt his decision, and we explained that to him, but he still didn't feel good. We bore testimony that he had to forgive himself before he could feel forgiveness and asked him to go home and think about it really hard and then pray to be forgiven and call us in the morning. He did. He was so happy. He is so much happier. He has found that happiness and knows what we know. He knows(or at least understands) that Jesus Christ is our Lord, Savior, Redeemer, and our best friend. We can go to Him and to our Heavenly Father and prayer and feel peace and comfort. I know it to be true. Its the truth. Its why I am here.
Um on less missionary notes... I had Ice Cream the other day. Its reeeeaaallly good. There is a reason that the Grido's(kinda like B&R here) delivery number is on every missionary cell phone. =P Yeah its also about 85ish here and its raining. I love it. We woke up to the most epic clouds and rain this morning from a 99 with 50% humidity last night. I love it(have a picture that I may send next week. I used Elder Robisons camera cuz he uses SD cards) Saturday movie night* was 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.' Its actually not half bad. Next week is race to witch mountain or Ratatouille. I wll have pictures next week. I love you all and miss you.

*The missionaries use American movies to teach English to the locals --V

No comments: