Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 14, 2011

Oh goodness. What has this world come to? Too much 80s for me thanks. The unfortunate thing is that down here in Argentina the flashdance shirt is in style and that the 80s has made its mark here. bleck.

So I realized last week that I have hit the 2/3 mark. WOOH!

So this week we have been running around in 2 provinces, with 3 hours between each capital city, so 3 hours in the afternoon on wednesday, followed by a district meeting, a bus ride to the pension where I slept, at about 11. Then we got up at 2:30 to shower to make our bus that left at 4:30 which after 3 hours got to Catamarca Capital. There we waited until 9:30 for the conference to start, and had a great time. We learned alot of things from President, like what the the Gathering of Israel has to do with Missionary Work. Pretty sweet. Then we had workshops with the assistants.... boring. hahaha no, not bad, actually pretty cool, because we have 4 for one more week. The assistents extended their missions and are training two new ones. All very good elders. Then we got to go back to La Rioja Capital at about 6, got to La rioja at about 9, left for chilecito at 10, got home at about 1 in the morning. We felt like we had just ridden on a bus full of dementors. All of our happiness and energy were gone. I have to give a high five to Elder Anderson for that description. Yeah then we came back and we tried to work through our groggy nastiness... personally I am still fighting it hahaha. Oh well the Lord keeps helping me move on. So other than that we had a good week, Daniela (the girl who is gonna get baptized on the 26th) came to church then we had lunch with her afterward. She didnt quite get how things are, and we explained it, but way deep, because she just couldnt wrap her head around it. So we started explaining, and she started getting it. I was afraid we would scare her off by explaining everything the way we did. It was just a really heavy way to explain why to keep the commandments, and why it doesnt matter what others do, its between you and God. Goodness. She got it, and she really wants to get baptized, and I am very excited to see that she has that excitement too. Most people get all nervous, she is just really happy about the whole idea. Thats the triumph of the week.

We also found this way cool part of Chilecito (still waiting on the camera...) and its got all of the hill side covered in plants and monuments and saints and stuff. Kind of fun, we took pictures with the saints =P probably shouldnt do that, but its just too much fun. Yeah, I am gonna get you all a ton of pictures here soon.

Ok thats about all. I love you all. I am so happy that I can be here serving the Lord. There is no greater joy that I know of than to serve others. I just dont think that anyone can describe how great it is to have that near constant accompaniment of a member of the Godhead. Yeah. Pretty intense when you say it like that. This is the one and only true church of God on the Earth. I know it. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and that He alone could have atoned for our sins, and has made the payment for us to return to our Father in Heaven. I love Him, and He loves each of us. Ok gotta get out of here.

Talk to you next week.
Con amor
Elder Ben

No comments: