Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 25, 2010

Hey Mommy.

So this week I worked. I did the most work I have done so far in the mission. I like what Elder Machuca said that we are being sustained by the Spirit. I am really happy because now I know I can do it. ummmm this week we found some new people, and I dont know how many are going to progress to baptism. We will see this week and I´ll let you know next week. So miracles... We had two people (Mari y Marcelo) who were going to come to church. They didnt but the Lord blesses us when we work so we found two awesome new people who came to church with the elders quorum president. Super cool. Then we went and visited the Juarez family. They are like our adopted family. Hna Juarez knitted us scarves and we eat there each tuesday. well her husband Dante isnt a member and doesnt want to hear anything about the church, but with us he leaves and listens in the other room while we teach his family. Last night he came to us and talked about how he needed to repent because he had argued with his wife and he didnt want to do it anymore. It was a big surprise. So we talked and explained repentance and how he should pray with his wife. then we gave priesthood blessings to each one of the family so they could be more united and happy. They were all crying as we left. Yeah its amazing to have the spirit guide you in everything. My week was so good that the assistants called us. and then came to our zone for district meeting and had us explain to the entire zone how we did so well. weird huh. So thats what I am doing now. Gonna get Nicolas married friday and baptized saturday. Oh I have some fotos. Last transfer we baptized 22 (which the record in the mission for a zone, which we broke, was our own record of 21) so we had shirts made. Its way cool. check that out. Also a foto of Elder Machuca and I in our P-day clothes. Its fun ok. then one of the zone with P. Salas and another with me e. Machuca and Pte and Hna Olsen. Yeah thats about it. Quinceañeras are crazy. Eli Juarez(my little sister basically) had hers and she has photos and a video and a ton of little gift things. They go nuts for the quince´s
Yeah. Of course we have a ton of fruits and veggies. and of course grandpa had advice. Thats way cool about the new families joining from all over the place. Suggest to the Elders to give an English Class (Helps a ton). The package... well I have developed pacience for now. I love you mommy. Let me know when you do though. Sorry for being kind of short. I wrote to President and saved it in the wrong folder and had to go looking through every part of the cyber comp to find it. blugh. So yeah. Please send the story of Steve to everyone else who gets the letters.

Thanks

Con Amor

Elder Ben



PICTURE TIME!!!


Ben and his comp with the "old" mission president and his wife (President and Sister Olsen):



Now these dorks in their "P-Day clothes"


A bunch of missionaries with President Salas (the new mission pres) and his wife
[Ben is on the far right]:


22 Baptisms!!!

No comments: