Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 7, 2010

So not much time to write this week. but I am doing great here in Argentina, and I am gonna baptize in 2 weeks, this way cool 15 year old kid named Facundo. He was catholic and we explained the restoration to him and explained that the power to act in Gods name was not on the earth for almost 1800 years, and he said. "Well that explains alot, now I understand lots of things." It was a great moment because he, after that was very accepting of every thing and now knows that the Church is the one true church of God. I love that moment that everything just clicks with the people I am teaching. I am doing great with my comp, even if he calls me "cuñado" (brother in law) sometimes. Please send me an "ugly picture" of my sisters =P I have been thinking about doing something to help you out in Primary, and to help me with my Spanish. I can prepare a little something, and translate it into English or Spanish. Fun? I dont know, just thought about it. Well yeah. I am really just happy to be here. I love this place, even if its cold one day and hot the next. Its a great blessing I have to be able to serve Heavenly Father and bring His children home to Him. I know that this work is His work, my words are His words, and my actions His actions.(lots of responsibility but it comes with the plaque that says Elder) I wasnt really as prepared as I could have been (I am not Stephen, thats for sure) and I admonish (look big words) all of the young men in the ward to really pay attention in Seminary, and in church, and to take every chance to help the missionaries in the ward to work and prepare themselves. Its really the best way. I am not saying to go about with a Book of Mormon in hand every day, but that to have that Book of Mormon so well marked up and so well read that it falls apart. I am always amazed at the things I learn from other missionaries. There are some amazing missionaries here in Argentina, and every time I sit there in awe, its because I am wondering why I didnt think of it first. Look for every chance to read the scriptures. If you dont like to read, do it anyways. It doesnt matter what we like to do, its whats necessary, and trust me when I say it is necessary and when we do what is necessary our very nature changes and we find that we enjoy the things we didnt like before. I loved to read, but I would just read. go beyond it, think, feel, listen(most imporatntly to the Spirit) and do what you feel think and hear. Yeah.... Impressions of the Spirit in a crowded Cyber. well I am gonna go now, because its really late, but I love you all and feel that even if my address is mistyped in the ward bulletin, you all love me too. =)
Con Amor
Elder Ludlow

PS Happy belated Anniversary Mom and Dad

No comments: