Friday, September 30, 2011

September 26, 2011


So this week was really interesting. A little insight into what I was talking about last week-- I was reading an article from Elder Richard G Scott, from the conference of October of 2009. Its about receiving spiritual guidance. So I had that experience, and even quite similar to Elder Scott's experience, I didnt want to tell the details of what I received, but the manner is in the talk. I have been studying in that particular Ensign this week. The words of the Prophets are true. I recommend the following talks. Read them and highlight the things that stand out to you.

President Dieter F Uchtdorf -- The Love of God

Elder Robert D Hales -- Seeking to know God, Our Heavenly Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ

Elder Tad R Callister -- Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration

Elder Kent D Watson -- Being Temperate in All Things

Elder Neil L Andersen -- "Repent...That I may Heal you"

These talks somehow all had a similar theme to me, the guidance and revelation that can be recieved from the Holy Ghost, and what we will do and know upon receiving that guidance.

I also want to share a scripture from Doctrine and Covenants 98
  1) Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
  2) Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
  3) Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.

Ok so lets begin telling about my week. =)
(Sorry, Sarah, its a long one, hope it all fits on the blog)

So this week as mentioned before we were expecting a baptism. Well everything said it wasnt going to happen, there was oppoistion on all sides, and in the end..... it didnt happen. We worked extremely hard
for the baptism, but it didnt end up happening. My faith was in it. but well it was his decision. He is the son of a recent convert, and best of all he knows that the church is true. He just wants to be able to pick his date. We were pretty much devasted. But we have to pick up and move forward. I work in this because I know that God is My Heavenly Father, and that He restored this church, and I am working in this for Him. and as President Eyring said: 
"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."
I have to keep going there is nothing left for me to do.
In other news, this week we had lunch with our stake president, and he was pulling up church youtube videos, and Elder schaap says, hey check out this one, and pulls up Reflections of Christ and another one from the same photographer Mark Mabry, The first one is from Christ's visit to the Americas, and the other one is the book you have mom. Its powerful, and I add my testimony that Jesus is the Christ, He is my Savior, and I am His representative. I act and testify in His Name. I know that He suffered for my sins, pains, sicknesses, and for my problems, my burdens, my worries. He has been there, and is there for me and everyone in this world.

"Be of Good cheer, for I have overcome the world."








I love you all and want you to enjoy truly this general conference, follow the advice of President Uchtdorf and go with questions in your hearts and seek the guidance, listen carefully, TAKE NOTES!!! those
spiritual impressions are so precious that we cannot afford to not write them down, because they will stop coming if we do not write them down, in fact we will receive more guidance if we will sit, listen and
WRITE what we hear in our hearts and minds. I am so thankful that God has called prophets in these days to Guide US and restore all the truths that we need to return to His presence, especially the temples.
Because of my release date, I want to do something. I am technically not released until the 8th, and so I want to go for two days of temple work upon my return. Thats my real request. I wont stop working just
because I get home, even though there are many things to do, I want to first go and visit My Father's House. Monday and Tuesday the 7th and 8th: LA temple.

With Love
Elder Ludlow

Ps Still no letter or package, gonna talk to the office today. =)

No comments: