Friday, September 23, 2011

September 19, 2011

[Ben's first email from this week]

Hey mom
This week was well, full of just incredible spiritual experiences. I mean really spiritual, not sharable. I'm sorry to leave you all in the dark on this one, but this week I had some cool moments discovering myself, and the weaknesses and strengths that I have in my testimony and strengthening myself. This I will say, I know that this is the true church and that the authority of God has been restored. I know that Our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us, He has blessed my family for the service I am rendering, even if we dont realize it. I want to make sure that you all remember that. We have been blessed, even though I didnt realize it. I mean I know that we have been blessed, but its a little bit different when you realize other blessings that the Lord has given you that you havent seen before. On other notes, we have been working super hard and finding and working to get people to come to church and be baptized. This week we had planned a baptism, but we moved it to this weekend. Hes the son of a recent convert, named Ian. He is super confused because of the rapid change of his father, and the catholic school that he goes to. And
looking at his situation I just am reminded to much about Joseph Smith. He is just as confused as Joseph was before he asked the Lord in prayer. I am thoroughly convinced that if this boy will pray and ask with a sincere heart, he will know what he must do. He is prepared, but just needs to recognize his answer. I know that God answers prayers and that He will answer this boy. If he will recognize that answer, through the power of the Holy Ghost, he will be getting baptized this Saturday. Wish us luck. Thats been about whats up here.

Oh please all of you read President Uchtdorf's message for the September Ensign/Liahona, and do what he suggests. We are trying to emphasize the attendance to the General Conference this upcoming month. It will truly be an experience, I know that something grand will be announced in this conference. The Lord has
something prepared, thats why he has asked and emphasized that we attend, and listen carefully to remember and apply the principles of the conference.
Get ready now and hold on to your seat.

I gotta go
Love you
Elder Ben Ludlow


[Ben's second email this week, in response to his mother's email, informing him of his travel plans to return home and that his dad is now the bishop of Ben's home ward]

Um yeah I am writring again, but really quick.
I thoguht I was gonna be done on the 8th but it appears that I will be
home on Saturday. Who knew

DADS THE BISHOP?!!!?!?!?!?!?
bhahahahahahaha

So who does my recommend interview? Isnt there some kind of rule about
that, family members cant sign your recommend?
Give dad a big ol hug!
bye bye

No comments: