Monday, November 29, 2010

November 8, 2010


Hey Fam!
Well Aly, it looks good =) [Ben's little sister just got her braces off]
Lucky Invisalign style. I wonder what we can do about that for good old Elder Ludlow...?

Poor grandma and grandpa having to stay in Paris for a night. Unless they were just stuck in the airport. Probably were huh, Well they are home now. =)

Yeah I heard from Sarah. She seems to be doing good

Hahahahaha I passed the day well. working. Its what we do. Yeah Im doing ok with the money thing. I just am trying to keep pluggin along. Mostly just working and trying to lose myself in this.


On to the letter for the week then
Well this time last week I was not feeling that hot. Kinda crappy really. So I went to play some soccer to sweat it out and kick it off. That wasnt a good idea. It was really hot and I gave myself a heat stroke, and ended up sleeping the day away. Tuesday I tried to get to work. Mostly because I was trying to just leave it behind. I did that, but it just was miserable as all get out. I tried my best though and we had a bit of success that day. It was a fun day aside from all of the sick and dehydration problems. The siesta I started getting slightly loopy so we stopped and got some drinks. We did a taste test of Powerade vs Gatorade. gatorade is tastier but Powerade has better stuff in it for you. LOL. Its a true sign of crazy/missionary boredom. It was kind of like after I got my wisdom teeth out. Oh well we just kept plugging along. All our appointments fell through all afternoon and night. It was just a trialling day really. Wednesday I still felt crappy but a little better. I didnt work quite as hard, because of the weird loopiness of things. so took it easy, took some drugs and worked some more thursday. We had pizza and mac and cheese and brownies. It was a kinda fun moment of weird food combinations. Yeah so we had a few great moments this week aside from my being sick then my comp getting sick. Friday we met with one of our most difficult to find investigators Maxi. He is a genius. just brighter than a 100w bulb. We started telling him about prophets to explain the word of wisdom, and we ended up just getting straight to the point because he just accepts everything and knows its true immediately. So we taught him the first vision with the word of wisdom and he is of his own will using the pamphlet as a guide to try and stop some of his various problems along with prayer the book of mormon and coming to church. He is just a great kid. Saturday we met with Matias and he just is so ready. We have to meet his family and he will be baptized. He doesnt really think his mom will accept him after his baptism but we are just gonna pump him up and make sure he understands that its what he needs to do and to not be worried about what others will say, his mother will still love him. Yeah then they both came to church and they just are so loved by this branch. Everyone wants to know the story about them and when they are getting baptized. They are both incredibly spiritual and have a love for the things they are learning. Maxi is loud, Matias kinda quiet. So its funny because they both told each other. " Hey come to church next week, dont fall, keep on coming." It was way good. Well the branch loves them so much that they want us to now go by all of their friends and they want to come with us. Such good stuff.

[Ben's sidenote for the kids in Primary in the ward back home]
Oh for you kids in Primary. Sing. Its not just something that the old people are telling you to do, just because. Its because they love you, and want to see you do some thing that can be great. And if you dont like singing dont do it for them. Do it for your Heavenly Father. In D&C 25:12 it says that the song of the heart is a prayer. So sing like you are saying a prayer and the Lord will bless you, maybe He will bless you to like it. Believe me I was there, and didnt want to. Now I do kind of regret it. You will be surprised how much fun it is later on. Singing is great so sing on like your favorite singer or band, and just belt it out. If you keep on worrying about what others will think you will never do anything more. Just stop worrying about it and get on with it. With care Elder Ben Ludlow

Well thats about that. I am doing better now with the cold. Its just the usual hang around cough. So dont worry. Its gonna be a hot one this week, I am drinking lots of water and doing everything I am supposed to so the Lord is blessing me, and you as well.
I dont know what else to say.

Con Amor
Elder Ben
PS Love you all and miss you a bit. would love to hear from more of you =)

No comments: