Monday, November 29, 2010

November 22, 2010

We shall see if it gives any kind of result. It would be nice though =) Which one? the pouch or the regular mission office one. either is fine. Everyone loves mail, especially Elder Ludlow

Not really anything. I am trying to go with the more serious angle, that or I was high on something last week. Me serious? "Why so Sirius?" =P


You still understand me though. Its not the understanding its the random grammatical and spelling errors that drive me nuts. Some of my phrasing, as Dad said have a very Spanish ring to them.

Well now he is Landon. Elder no more hahaha. Yeah that one destroys the tear dam for most people, especially when Jesus says that to Thomas in Finding Faith in Christ. That movie is a personal favorite to show to people. Many have this morbid view of who Jesus is. Whether its because they focus so much on the Passion or they focus more on the Virgen or really its just a slightly more manly, but still God-like portrayal of Christ. Its like the Del Parson painting, Christ in Red Robe. It just is the quintessential painting of Christ. We use that one inside the baptismal invites (which we use with people to help them remember the date we put with them) and we talk about Christ with anyone as we show them that picture. I have a bunch of pictures of Jesus in my scripture case that I also use. This week, we got stopped by an inactive member, who told us to come by an teach her daughter so she can get baptized. Cool. So using the picture of Christ and the Fishermen we explained how Jesus wants us to come and play, and just be his friend, thats why we need to be baptized. She just turned 8 so it doesnt count for us, but that was kinda fun. We just kept asking her if things were good or bad, and how we should always choose good things. There is a story that Gordon B Hinckley told about two boys on a road and the farmer in his field. They put two gold dollars in the mans shoes instead of hiding them. Im sure you know the story. Cute little girl says, I want to do good things, so I will follow Jesus. It was just adorable. Thats cool about Paris and Pride. I saw the thing about Paris, when the bishop of ayacucho was checking out Mormon.org

That had to be a good talk. I would love to hear it. I think he may have written it for november, I will have to go back and read that letter and if not I´m sure he would write it if you asked for the missionaries.


Yeah she told me she was possibly coming home, but really no snow until she got into CA? weird. Thats kind of funny actually. Speaking of weather, its supposed to be ridiculously hot and humid right. Well its like 55 and VERY rainy today. Back to the point though... Dia de la accion de Gracias con Matt y Julie. lol thats how you say thanksgiving if you couldnt figure it out. Take pictures with everyone and send them. mmkay? Oh pictures wise, Im gonna be slower on. She (my camara) isnt working again. Luckily there is a member here that I trust enough to let him fix it if he can. We will see. My comp is getting his camera fixed as well. He has a backup oddly enough though. So some will come through. Like the baptism we have Friday. =D


Yup Baptism is on Friday, because he has the afternoon off that day. Matias has been progressing well and should have been baptized this week, but he still needed just that little tiny bit of finalizing the baptism in his mind and settle his doubts. So he is getting baptized. Its not all that much of a wow story, aside from him wanting to serve a mission asap. Cool kid.

Other than that. I had Diarrhea this week. all week. I may in fact still have. Monday afternoon to Saturday when I couldnt take two steps without having to visit the bathroom. So I got antibiotics (the solution to everything) and a diet. Its just super weird because the last two days (Friday and Satruday) I took tons of anti stuff and was watching the food intake as well and still nothing. I drank a little bottle of pepto, and took 4 immodium. Thats alot. so hence the hospital trip. hahaha dont worry I feel lots better. I just got a bad bug. I have now 2 of the 3 missionary requirements. pooped pants while proselyting, and bit by dog, now I just need to get robbed =P Yeah.

Thats about all I gots to say for now. Im feeling good, and I am working a ton. Its what we do. Its funny how we found a ton of people and hardly tried this week (I didnt because of the diarrhea). The work is on fire here.

Ok gotta get going on now

Con amor
Elder Ben

PS HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NAP

No comments: