Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, 2011

Thats an interesting dog. Yeah I saw a little bit of news, because a member refused to turn off the TV, and yeah Torndaoes all over, even near CA.

Ok no there is not a class, and I was NOT in shape to have played basketball or even interested in playing when I was there. Now its more fun. but yeah we played soccer today, now that we have enough people here in the zone.

Yeah I have made it. Its very south american. Its good. Cheese is a key, but expensive.
This week was kind of a rough one. I got to know my comp. Hes from Arequipa, Peru. He is a convert of about a year and came out on the mission. Its interesting to talk with him, because I cant really talk with him as I would other missionaries who have been members their whole lives. Like it surprises me sometimes when he doesnt know some point of doctrine and I have to explain. But yeah. This week it was like independence day so no one wanted to talk to us. Its also alot colder here than in Chilecito, so I got a bit of a cold from the temperature change. I bundled up and still didnt feel warm. Nothing. but we worked. and still no one wanted to talk to us. even our fixed appointments fell through. I was just way down. but you know what I did. I got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed for a long time. I just wanted to be able to teach someone. I wanted to be able to have success, and to know what I had to do. I dont know or really remember what I said or was thinking, but everything just started to click. We got in a whole lot of work on saturday, and we were able to find some new people. The ward here is great, we have lunch every day, but they went to the temple for the week, and no one could give us lunch. =P dang. So this week they feel kinda bad and confirmed us lunches all week. and the bishop and his wife (they are quite a young couple they have been married for 4 years) said that if anyone falls through we can call them. I like the ward. they are a good size, and are willing to work with us. I wanna share more stuff but its already prety late. I´ll try to remember for next week.

Things are good here. but before I go. a huge shout out to you Mom and Dad. 25 years!!!! Congratulations!!

Love
your son
Elder Ben Ludlow

No comments: