Friday, July 8, 2011

July 4, 2011

Yeah thats about right. I dont have prefect english, but when I speak with english speakers here, they understand spanish, and so if I drop a word in, they understand. Yeah there have been some problems with that, but not over here. They are getting home just fine. Wait so when did he get home? I thought all the transfers were on the same day in Suramerica. Sur. Oh well. Yeah. What would the ward do without Dad?

I did the Title of Liberty but for the ward, way back in Parque Liceo, but we put Read Pray, and Attend. It worked pretty well. We could use it again here in Bimaco, It works great to get people to make their own decisions to follow the Lord.

It will come, use some of that down time and do something fun.
Thats right, Super Grandpa to the Rescue! Speaking of which, did you ever see pictures from their trip to the Holy Land? And of matt and Julie, Doesnt Dillon head off to BYU-I soon? Thats weird! hahaha.
They will be back for my homecoming or at least for Christmas. Thats Grandmas big deal, she has to have Christmas. Remember, the distance makes it sweeter. Arent we glad there is nothing bad happening in CA?

Meanwhile back in Argentina... We have this really cool lady named Teresa (shes getting baptized on the 16th) and she has an awesome family. Well the family needs the gospel a lot more than her, she accepted and is just waiting, cuz the font was out of commission. but aside from that and being super chosen and golden, her daughter Yamila (14) is catholic, her son Jonatan (21) comes and goes, but every once in awhile they sit and listen to us. Well like a few days ago (as in two weeks ago) we were talking to Teresa and Yamila, and I had an impresión to give her a blessing, and offered and she said no thanks, then I explained and she said, ok sure. So we gave her a blessing, and she said, that after we left, she just felt this like cold sensation and her cold was gone.... Yeah crazy! Then Teresa told us to go by her friend, Susanah, who is kind of prideful and knows everything cuz she has read the Old Testament once... anyway, she has a ex daughter in law, and the ex DIL leaves her kid with Susanah in the afternoons making it impossible to teach her cuz the kid is quite literally the devil. He spit on me, and tried to bite me several times, while kicking my scripture bag, and kicking my shins. and making as much noise as he could. But thats beside the point. So we go and the mom of the demon child is there, and she starts explaining why she has to leave her child with Susanah about how her original babysitter has a ruptured blood vessel on her brain, and is in a coma. So we offered a prayer there, because she was in ICU and wouldnt be able to visit her and give her a blessing. Like within 3 days, Teresa tells us first about Yamila, then about how this woman was improved and that the doctors didnt know how to explain it. She just woke up and started responding to the drugs. I have to check up on that situation but still, wanted to be able to tell you some cool stories, that really didnt take that long to tell.

These last few weeks have been interesting, because its just flown by. We worked hard and all, but its just flown by. Its not been easy, but its been good. For now I am doing well, I have a new comp and we are gonna tear it up here in Bimaco. I am supposed to be getting some pictures here from Elder Monzon, but we will see. Can you send me your recipe for waffles and brownies? I found the ingredients from scratch that we mostly need to make them, just wanna have the good ol mom recipe.

So I gotta get out of here, and im sure something more will come to mind.
Love ya. we'll be talking next week.
With Love
Elder Ben Ludlow

No comments: