Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011 --- General Conference

hahaha I figured with 7 months to go I should probably start writing good letters. WHOA!!! Time is flying like no other. Its kind of freaking me out man. Well just gotta work harder I guess. I guess I understand. Thats like stone age style though.

I dont know what she was trying to get at. Its one of those perversions within the religion. Like true Catholicism believes in the God, and that the Virgin is the messenger to my understanding. The problem comes in when people devote themselves to a certain apparition of the Virgin, or Saint, and start building shrines, and taking pilgrimages to see the original site. Its how we get the shrine to the potato chip that looks like the Virgin. Yeah and all this after in conference we are told to not make fun of others religions. Its not to make fun of, its just a huge misunderstanding. I want to find a good devout catholic that can explain it to me. I just know that the Church´s standpoint is that she was a chosen vessel to bring the Lord of Lords into this world in a tabernacle of clay. The earthly mother of the Son of God. Thats it.

This week was a great though. We had a good start, where the ZL´s came and visited and we had an exchange, where we invited 2 key investigators to be baptized. Then the next day my comp and I set a date with two more. One who is a pro boxer. I have pictures to send but this cyber is way lame and wont let me. Also Peacock in Spanish is Royal Turkey (Pavo Real).

Conference
: Look if you are taking notes you dont fall asleep. Try next time going to the chapel to see it. I know its fun to sit at home and to make pancakes and stuff but we lose a lot of the potential learning and as President Uchtdorf said we cant see the whole picture if we dont give our part, or follow the impressions of the Spirit, He stops talking as loud. Normally I wouldnt be so hard on ya, but what we went through to get conference this time was well...a lot. We bought a mobile internet card, and charged it with 185 pesos of credit, then payed 400 for the large screen and projector rental, we didnt even get to see Priesthood, we had patchy signal, we would see parts, then have to reconnect the internet and have to find the part where it cut, and worst of all in front of the members that came to see it. We also pissed off the one side group/following of an hermana that claimed to not know we were watching conference, even though both sets of elders passed by each of those members and gave them schedules for the afternoon (cuz it all starts at 1-3 then 5-7) and they ignored us and wanted to have sacrament at 9. When no one showed up they called the Branch President and got all mad at him and blamed us as missionaries. Please pray for us here, but especially the members of this branch. They are starting to go straight up apostate... Its like we have the church of Hna tanto and the church of hno blaeh and the church of bob, when its really just one church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I love you all. Thats why I am saying this. As Elder Christofferson said, The Lord disciplines those that He loves. we have to accept the correction, repent, be purified of our past, and reorient ourselves to the path that the Lord would have us follow. The Church is here to perfect us. Its hard, and sometimes we have to pass through the fire, and in the moment it hurts, but in the end it makes us stronger and better as we learn. (Elder Paul Johnson) Thats what I got out of from conference. I am still missing President Monson´s talk from priesthood, but I have heard it was harder on all of us than I have just been. So I am gonna go listen to that and hear what he has to say. I love you and really want to see you all receive some kind of change like I have. I also want to be able to help you now so that I dont have to do it all at once when I get home. I also really liked Elder Lynn G Robbins talk. To be or to do. or to change who we are until we do both. Intense.

Ok I gotta go get to work. This may be my last week with Elder Castillo, so I gotta put the pilas in and get things done. =)
Love ya
Peace
Con Amor
Elder Ben

No comments: